We've been talking: Tom graduates in a year and we aren't sure where that is going to take us. Hopefully he'll be finding a new job teaching and I can quit working full time and actually spend the time with the kids. I'm kinda hoping it means we can sell our house and move someplace. Although at the same time I don't want to move. It would be nice to be outside city limits. I would love to have a large garden, chickens, ducks, a small orchard, and enough room that the kids could eventually have a steer or sheep or pig. Besides, I like to think that I might actually enjoy a modern-day homesteading life. I feel like I need chores to keep me motivated. Not that I really like chores, but I do like having things that are satisfying to do.
I am looking forward to changes. We love the area but we are both feeling the itch to make a change. A place in the country would be wonderful. Ahhh dreams...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So Seattle is probably not on the list? You are allowed to have chickens in Seattle at least. Excited for your next step in life, selfishly hoping the move gets you a little closer to Seattle. I miss those little munchkins every day (and you, Tom, and Buddy too of course).
ReplyDeleteKate