Big ol' sigh. I have a baby girl who has something against sleep. Don't know why but she does not like to sleep in chunks bigger than 20 minutes.
For some odd reason this year seems to be moving at a lightning speed. I realize I've barely gotten a chance to update this blog this year. Somehow I missed the boat there. We've been making good forward progress but it doesn't feel like it should be December already. But that means Christmas!! I love Christmas. We might even get a white one. We started baking some cookies today. The recipe I used was a bit odd. More cake-like than I expected and not very sweet. Not too big of a deal but I'm going to have to make some yummy frosting. I haven't decided if I want to do peanut butter or a butter cream.
She still won't sleep...
I wonder when it is we changed from fighting the nap process to craving it. I'm thinking sometime in college?
It is looking like our plans will be to stay here for Christmas. Well, for the most part. I might have to go visit my momma for awhile. She doesn't need to be all by herself this year. It will be her first Christmas without my dad. They were married for 34 years. By that time I'm thinking they were a bit used to spending Christmas together. So, that means we'll be trying to make sure she isn't sitting by herself being sad.
We succeeded in taking care of her over Thanksgiving. We all got together with some pseudo-family that we hadn't seen in years. I think there were a couple there that it has been something close to 15 years since I'd seen them. It was a ton of fun. The people we spent it with are friends that all during my childhood we either did Thanksgiving at their house or mine. I don't think there were very many years that we weren't together.
Okay, it has gone from mild grumping to all out crying. Guess a second nap is not going to happen. Uncle.
I'd better do a quick update of kids...
Mia is 24 pounds and around 29 inches tall. In 18-24 month clothes in spite of not even being a year.
Bear is 42 pounds and about 42 inches tall. Tall and skinny.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete