Bear's cake...I didn't get the frosting for the letters right, but it tasted good.
Wow we've been busy. Bear had his first birthday. A grand total of 3 parties and 2 cakes. What a spoiled kid. We had loads of fun though. The 4th of July we got to spend with part Tom's family and some good friends from work. We had quite the party. 5 little kids, 10 adults, 2 dogs, and one cat that strolled in. The cat was pretty funny. She walked in like she owned the joint. I tried to shoo her out knowing the dogs would probably chase her and the kids would pull on her. She didn't seem to care. She backed down the dogs and seemed to enjoy even the rough attention from the kids. She stuck around long enough for us to start calling her Indie for Independence Day, then she disappeared for awhile. She showed up again today to get a drink, some cuddles, and play in the bushes for a bit. She seems to be gone again. We'll see. We may end up with a cat and we may not.
At any rate we had fun. With Bear turning 1 that meant we needed to do another round of shots. A little different this round. His first set of MMRs and a couple others. One more set at 15 months of the Dtap. Then we'll be done until he's 4 years. Whew. He was really good today. He cried when they gave him the shots of course but it took no time to get him to stop. Basic stats from this visit: 32 inches long/tall, 25 lbs, and given a clean bill of health. Our doctor cracks me up. He is so abrubt and kinda abrasive for the most part but he and Bear seem to get along great. I love how down to earth he is. Some of the doctors in Missoula and elsewhere we've been seem to have unreasonable expectations about a lot of things. This one seems to realize kids will be kids.
I'm thinking it is time for bed. Tom and I actually had a day off together today so we've been busy today. Doughnuts and coffee in Ravalli this morning (after sleeping in until almost 7), then while Bear napped I planted my blueberries and Tom pruned the lilac bushes. Then it was off to the doctor and grocery store. Oh, we went to the hardware store in the morning too. Then after the doctor Bear and I took a nap while Tom did dishes and got the chicken ready for dinner. Then it was dig potatoes and onions to go with dinner, eat, and put Bear to bed. Then Tom and I had a contest to see who could dig a two foot post hole first. I won.:) To say the least a full rich day.
No comments:
Post a Comment