About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity-jog...

Our Christmas travels couldn't have gone much smoother. We had good roads and nice weather. Rained on our way out, but that cleared and we had beautiful sunshiny days for Christmas and our drive home. Santa not only found us but spoiled us rotten this year. My goodness. We had so much fun getting to see family and even managed to squeeze in a quick visit with a couple friends along the way. We still didn't get to see everyone that we wanted to, but I guess that means we'll just have to make the trip again one of these days. I really didn't take many pictures as my camera was trying to die on me. (I forgot to charge the battery before we left. Oops.) I'll upload the few I took and sort them this next week.

Figure I'll do a quick update here as well. As many know I've gotten a little hernia from work and am going to do surgery on it (well, a doctor is going to perform the surgery, I'm not). Paperwork is all sorts of snafu-y so I got to get to the hospital this morning hungry and grumpy with no coffee only to end up cancelling the surgery. Argh!! Luckily everyone survived and it is re-scheduled, but I'm going to have to take time from work now. I'm bummed about that, but not much I can do about it. At least it will mean I can still carry things during our travels abroad and I won't have to sit out on fun activities while we are there. Yay! At least there are some good things that come from the surgery being delayed.

Off to see if I can get the boys to wake up. Seems like I am forever trying to get them to sleep or wake up. Apparently I can't let well enough alone.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment