About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

One week to go!

A week from today we will be on our way to Europe! I have a week back at work starting tomorrow. And then...two days to pack and then, Europe. I suppose this means the house should get cleaned and laundry done. That part of travel preparations is never fun. The fun part is the actual travel. Travelling stand-by makes it even more fun.:)

We never know how flights will actually look until the day of travel. Certainly makes the travel adventurous. It is okay though. At least Bear and I have been booted from a flight before. No big deal. Just wait for the next flight. It is a good thing we like airplanes and airports though. Otherwise it wouldn't be much fun. As it is, sometimes it is fun to get stuck in random places. There is usually something fun to do either close to the airport or even in the airport. I always like to check out the airport shops. There is usually something fun and funky to look at. Usually priced insanely too. SLC has some cool Native American art and a fun kids play area. DEN has a cool toy shop and a massage place along with some decent restaurants. LAX I don't remember much other than a funky "outdoor" smoking area. For some odd reason I have no memory of San Francisco. Tom says we got lost in the airport, but I don't remember that. I do remember they have parallel runways and there was another aircraft landing as we were. Let's see, Chicago I was only there for an hour or so and don't really remember much about it other than it is flat in the Midwest. Montreal, Canada I remember it seeming very dark, but I think that was due to the early (in the dark winter) flight I was taking. Atlanta is huge but I seem to remember it was easy for a kid just starting to fly to get around. Miami was nice and laid back although a customs guy 11 years ago must have been having a bad day. He wasn't happy with me at any rate. No biggy just grumpy. From Reagan Int'l in DC you can see the Washington Monument from at least one of the terminals. The only time I've see the any of the monuments. I think that is the only really cool stuff from airports. Oh, DEN has some cool airplane displays hanging from the ceiling. Hmmm...the building at SEA is new and fancy, Boston is a bit of a nightmare to navigate, and Munich has some incredible architecture.

Okay, enough with the airports. Can't tell I like to fly/travel.;) Off to get some things ready to go so I don't have to worry while I'm at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment