Now that I'm pregnant again, I've begun to wonder why. We want another kid, but I don't want to be pregnant again. I really don't understand those that enjoy this. They must be masochistic. Being tired, queasy, and becoming large as a house just isn't my idea of fun. The munchkin at the end of it is wonderful though. I think I'll chalk it up to one of those things we just have to do if we want the treat at the end. Kinda like saving up you money as a kid for that big toy you want. The waiting is the worst...
It will be fun to see Bear's reaction to a baby. And my growing belly. He loves to point out bellies anyway. He has also shown lots of interest in friends' babies lately. Hopefully good signs. I can see Bear being a great big brother. He'll be plenty "helpful" I'm sure.
I do have a list of things that will have to get done in the next several months... It includes going up in the attic and sorting out Bear's baby stuff. Ugh. I have a feeling there won't be much we need. Maybe another dresser? Not sure where we'll put it. My house is going to start to be even smaller. Maybe we'll get the gumption to finish the attic and re-do the stairs to the attic. Ha! Now I am dreaming. Although as I sit on the couch writing this I'm noticing how threadbare it is getting. Maybe that's what we'll do. Especially with company coming that will need a bed. New hide-a-bed couch. I think this one is only about 20 years old or so. Who knows what we'll end up doing. First will be sort through the attic and get rid of a ton of things and see what is what up there.
At least I'm down to working 40 hours a week again so that will give us a day or two that we can sort. Especially if the weather stays as rainy as it has been. Then I won't be inclined to spend the time out in the garden. Oh! This fall's canning just had a twist thrown in. Guess I'll have to can some blended peas and that for baby food. Looks like it is going to be a busy year.
Tom starts teaching this fall too! He'll have his own class at 30. Met his goal. It will be only working summers for the airlines so our flight benefits will be cut. Bummer there.
Well, off to hang laundry. We finally have a nice day to dry clothes on the line.
Wow! Congrats on baby #2, that is so exciting.
ReplyDeleteI hated being pregnant too, good thing that it is so worth it. I don't know how some people just LOVE being pregnant, they are CRAZY.
Congrats again.
You make this grandma very happy!
ReplyDelete