About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It is that time of year again.

We are certainly back in school.  I have a head cold.  Bear has some sniffles but seems to be kicking it pretty quickly.  Mia has a few sniffles that don't seem to phase her, and mine are making me feel like my head is going to explode.  Bear got quite the kick out of the fact that I told him I felt like there are a couple of little dudes in behind my eyes trying to push them out of my head.  Figures that I'm the one that gets the nasty part.  Maybe it isn't so bad.  I'm probably just being a wimp.  It has been awhile since getting sick so I'm feeling wimpy.

Of course Mom being sick does nothing to stop the rest of the world from moving on.  I wish it wouldn't do that.  I'm on a canning break though.  I just can't bring myself to do that right now.  Give it a few days and we'll be rolling again.

Mia has been particularly funny lately.  She has taken to saying that the toilet paper is screeching as it gets flushed.  It's a, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm going downnnnnnnnnn."  Of course it doesn't translate nearly so well into writing, but trust me that it is hilarious when she does this.  Today while we were running some errands in town she and I stopped by Goodwill.  I always check their basket selection for display stuff for my yarn business.  And I'm looking for old pots to do dye work in. Oddly they have very few pots.  Anyway, she and I were looking around and she found the purse section.  She found a little purse that was covered in silver sequins.  The girl loves her sparkly stuff and at $.50 I couldn't say no.  She loves her sparkly stuff shoes so much that she has worn the sparkles off of them in most places.

Bear is getting into being in school.  It is entertaining getting school news and goings on through a five year-old perspective. Things like the other day he and some other kids apparently had to go take some sort of test.  I'm dying to know what it really was since all he would tell us is that it had numbers on it and he did that instead of music class.  He did say it was fun though.  At least he is having fun.  Poor kid is like a walking zombie though.  With class being all day he doesn't get a nap and he just can't get to bed soon enough to sleep long enough to not be a zombie.  We try to help catch up on weekends and we try to push bed time earlier but it just hasn't worked out yet. 

We've had a wicked heat wave lately too.  We've been in the high 90s for the last week or so and it just hasn't cooled off at night.  This keeps up I will be more than ready for Fall and that first freeze which is due in the next couple of weeks.  I have a feeling this month's power bill is going to be a killer from running the ac even at night.  We've been able to open up the place at night until recently and not run the dang thing.  How sad is this?  It has been so hot I haven't even been hanging clothes on the line.  Too hot to be outside.  Ugh!

I'd better get this proof-read and get going on something to eat.  It is getting to be that time of day.  Looks like we've got a storm rolling in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment