Have I mentioned how much I love that we moved to Nebraska? No? My bad. I know when we first moved here I complained about our rental a lot. It was a horrible place to live. But, it does not change the fact that we have truly felt accepted by this community. It strangely feels like we've come home. Odd since neither of us has family here or any other tie prior to moving here.
So what are some things I like about here? People are so stinking nice. Instead of, "Why did you move here?" we get, "Welcome to our community." We have easily found babysitters for the kids. And yes, that was correct. Sitters, plural. How cool is that? We have found people to occasionally watch the animals too. The kids have friends and play dates on a somewhat regular basis. I feel very much a part of the farmer's market community and Tom is very much a part of the college community.
Although we enjoyed living in Missoula, we just never did feel quite settled there. We do here. We don't have to hurry, we don't have to be pushed, we can just be. It is nice and quiet once you are out of town too. The changing landscape of the farms tickle me to no end. I love the ebb and flow of watching the land go from Winter brown, to black as they till, and then move into the green and lastly the gold of Fall harvest.
Sure there are things we don't particularly care for around here. Crop dusting, the dust, and roads that turn to gumbo when they get wet and sometimes make it impossible to leave the house. We don't like that we live far from family either. These are really all small prices to pay to truly enjoy where you live though. So all-in-all I am very thankful we moved to our little corner of Nebraska. Who would have thought it? Not I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment