About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Procrastination

I have a huge to-do list and it seems the longer that gets, the longer I procrastinate.  It doesn't seem to matter if it is for my household or for my yarn business.  I guess I am the epitome of a procrastinator with the slogan, "If it weren't for the last minute, I would never get anything done."  Thank goodness for those last minutes!

We've had some brutally cold weather.  The computer says it has warmed up to a balmy -10 F.  Which means it is still probably at least -15 at my house.  We seem to sit at a firm five degrees colder than the airport.  At least my south facing windows are getting lots of beautiful sunshine that is helping to heat the house today.  It was cold enough I even moved my chickens inside.  Dogs are certainly inside and even the cat has been allowed to come in and get warm.  She lives in the garage but since losing her brother we've felt badly that she has no one to curl up with for heat.  She doesn't stay in but she visits several times a day right now.  The kids and her love it.  The dogs and us adults aren't too sure.  We tolerate it.

We are all getting excited since Christmas is almost here.  Christmas vacation is much looked forward to here.  At least I am. :) I doubt Bear really is.  He does love being in school.  I am glad about that but it makes days that school is cancelled, or when he is sick, pretty tough.  We get visitors for Christmas this year. Yay! We don't have to travel and we still get to see family.  I am hunky-dory with that.  I just hope we get some decent weather for them to travel in.  I don't want snow storms right then.  After they get here is fine, but not when they need to be driving up from the Denver area.  We can get some yucky storms around here so I'd like to just hold off on those if we can.

Okay, I guess I'll quit procrastinating and get some stuff done.  I need a firecracker lit under me.

1 comment:

  1. first of all,congratulations!i really admire people like you.you can choose the life you enjoy and leave your job or the city you used to live or the home ...and i always want to be like you.in my country having a goog job is really hard and when you get it you have to work till the end of your life...i like your blog and i will follow your writings...if you have time or want to,you can look my blog...maybe we talk about something later...

    ReplyDelete