It is officially Fall in spite of what the thermometer says. It has been well into the 80's and pushing 90 degrees most days. Ugh! Even with that we've gotten a couple of light frosts. Enough to do some damage to the more delicate plants in my garden.
I still can't believe how quickly this summer has gone. One minute Bear is barely crawling and the next he is practically running. (Not quite yet thank goodness, but soon) The leaves are starting to turn and we have a pumpkin sitting on the back porch. Canned goods are starting to stack up and we are working on winterizing the house. The fence is almost done too! Just a hair over 20 feet of wire left and we will be done stringing the wire. Then it will be time to build a gate.
Let's see... if things work out today we should be getting a new stove/furnace for the house too. A couple different people have some nice ones listed on craigslist for a decent price. Pretty amazing what you can find on there. It will be nice if we get one of these since they are both newer (and hopefully more efficient) than the one we have.
Other Bear news: He finally says Mom! Makes me happy at any rate. He is learning to sign Thank You, and has All Done down pat. Slowly, as I learn more sign he will too. He knows that bears growl and dogs bark. We walked into the hardware store yesterday and he growled at the mounted black bear up on the wall. He'll sit at the front door in the morning, when our yappy neighbor dogs are going and bark back at them. He's a pretty funny kid. He loves to laugh and make us laugh. He is such a ham that he will do whatever he can to get us going. This morning it was playing with his milk and Cheerios that was cracking him up. Who knew breakfast could be so funny?
I'm kinda dreading the kid turning into a teenager. He can already eat me out of house and home. We have found a couple things he doesn't like. Finally. Olives and green peppers. Because of the green peppers he isn't fond of the steak fajitas Tom made the other night. He loves fruits though, and I can't keep him away from my tomatoes. Not that I try very hard. He also apparently loves the prunes that come off the trees next door. Yesterday he ate about 5 or 6 of them and then when Grammy and Grandpa Burr got here they gave him another plum. Well, he started with a pear, but then saw Grandpa with the plum and traded. The funniest was when Grandpa tried to trade back. Bear wouldn't have any of it. I'm kinda dreading the results of all that fruit today. We'll see though. I'm amazed at what that kid can eat. For only having 6 teeth, that I know of, he does very well with meat and fruit skins, and crunchy stuff. Pretty amazing.
I guess I'd better see what I can get accomplished during nap time. I especially need to see if anyone with stoves has returned e-mails. One of these days I'll update pictures with the fence in them. I suppose I'll have to actually take some photos to make that happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment