Time sure does fly. It is already September and the weather is cooling off. I can't believe it. We have been super busy winterizing the house, canning fruit and salsa, travelling, and working. Somewhere in there we have gotten in the habit of taking nightly walks. Buddy is loving those.
Winterizing the house: Since last winter we were cold and had all sorts of drafts I have been going through trying to caulk all the gaps. The big old single pane windows don't really help, but caulking them and putting plastic up on those to help cut down on the cold air. We are almost done with the window project, are done with the outside of the foundation, and about to start on the attic. After the gaps get sealed in the attic, then we can install more insulation. We did some earlier, but need more. First things first though. Also, I have gone through and caulked along the baseboard in the living room. This summer we had morning glory vines starting to come up along the baseboard on the inside of the house. (No wonder the spiders can get in.)
Canning: I have been canning the bounty from the garden and fruit trees. Mom and Dad came up and Mom and I made apple butter and salsa a week or so ago. Now it is time for some tomato sauce and some plum butter. Also, I finally discovered what one of our bushes is. Elderberry. My neighbor asked us if we were going to make elderberry wine. Good to know that we can use that fruit too.
Travel: This last weekend we got to go to the zoo with Bear. It was my first time too. (At least to a real zoo.) We had a lot of fun visiting with all the family. Now, I just need to figure out when I can visit my friend and her new baby. That and I suppose I should figure out some sort of plan for Thanksgiving. We'll be visiting Tom's family for Christmas so that is pretty well settled. Then we are planning on Austria again next year. It is a good thing Tom is employed at the airlines.
Work: Same ol' same ol'. Busy. Still workin' my 40hr weeks with them being 4 ten hour shifts. Tom's schedule changed a bit though. Now we actually are supposed to have Fridays off together. That will be a nice change of pace. Still can't complain too badly since we haven't had to pay for any sort of daycare for Bear yet.
I think that pretty well catches everything up. Things are going to stay hectic for awhile with preparation for winter. It seems things never really slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment