About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Almost Halloween...

This weekend is Halloween. We still really don't know what Bear is going to be. Either a lion or a monkey. He has both costumes. I guess we'll wait and see which he wants to wear on Sunday. We have friends coming over to spend the weekend. We'll go play in a pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, and have a slumber party. Should be lots of fun.

We've been very busy with school, work, and colds. One big downfall of a kid in daycare is the creeping crud they bring home. It is amazing how many versions of the common cold there are.

The daycare does help with things like counting. Bear counts to 3 and knows lots of colors. One of these days we'll get going on the alphabet. Part of the reason we haven't is Tom and I haven't gotten the gumption up.

Yesterday we had the last of the monthly doctor appointments. Now I'll go every two weeks. This means I'm lots closer to having Bear's little sister. Because of sizes, previous history, etc I'll be a c-section unless I go into labor super early. I was told that if I were to go into labor at 34 weeks (5-6 weeks early) my doctor would let me try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). Otherwise it will be the c-section. Looks like she won't let me go the full 40 weeks either. Sounds more like about the 39th week, which will put things about the 1st week of January. I guess we'll see how things go in the next couple of months.

One last note. Bear is now almost 37 inches tall. The way he is growing he'll be my height by the time he is 10. I'm 63 inches. Only about 2 feet to go.

Ok. Time to chase a Bear monster down...

No comments:

Post a Comment