About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bear updates

I'm realizing I've mostly been updating about the baby and not Bear. Well, not any specifics anyway. His vocabulary gets bigger every day. Seems like every time we turn around we are asking when he learned that word. He sure is a parrot.

He has a couple of pretty funny sayings that are his. He seems to like to announce when things are "heavy" or "too big" and of course there is no way I can type the way he says them. The other day he was trying to get me up at some ungodly hour and was lifting up my belly trying to get me to move. He said, "Heavy. Mom too big." Thanks kid. Just what a very pregnant mom wants to hear at about 5:30 a.m. Of course those moments are made up for when I get a big hug with an, "I wuv you too Mom." Just can't beat those.

Let's see... On the milestones: Bear can count to 10. Although he does it correctly sometimes most of the time he likes to skip up to 7,8,9,10. He knows all of his basic colors and seems kinda tired of us asking him what color things are. He also knows the difference between dark and light colors. Mostly because we have almost all blue towels and he gets asked if he want a dark blue or light blue towel. As far as shapes go, he has circle pretty down pat. This is because we build circles with his train tracks. He's working on the rest of his shapes too. He would be a lot better at them if we remembered to work on them. One of the most recent developments is that he changes his voice for what a puppy or a dog says, what a baby bear, mama bear, and big bear say, and what big and little dinosaurs say.

Overall he seems to be developing like a normal kid. I feel for his teachers down the road. He'll be the kid that some teachers love and some hate. He will do just about anything for a laugh, even if it gets him in trouble. He is good, but if he thinks it will pull a laugh out of someone look out. The worst is trying to keep a straight face. He really is pretty funny.

I think I have caught up on the majority of the milestones etc. He is constantly picking up something new. He can pretty well put his own coat and boots on. Pants can be a chore depending upon the pair. He loves to help though so anything he can do by himself after saying, "Bear turn," he'll do. We are making good progress with potty training. Well, Bear is making good progress. Mom and Dad haven't had to do much. We've been letting him take the lead on that one. So far it seems to be working. We seldom have accidents in the pants during the day when there isn't a diaper on, and he made his first night without going in his pants last night. He got up this morning and when Tom went to change his diaper it was dry. Then Bear asked to use the toilet. Yippee!!

It will be interesting to see if all this continues once a baby comes along. Everything you read says the older kid may revert. Who knows with Bear? I guess we'll find out.

I think I'll nap while he does. There is lots to do around the house, but a nap sounds too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment