About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas is on its way...

Christmas is around the corner which means baby is too. Not sure we are ready. Oh sure we have things, and we've done this before, but I'm still not sure we are ready to be the parents of two. Seems like a bit of a frightening prospect. I'm sure it will work out, but the anticipation is always what gets a person.

I'm ready to not be pregnant that's for sure. It really is nice to be able to set a kid down once in awhile. I love my kid, but I also like to have my own body to myself. Oh well, soon enough.

We are basically ready for Christmas too. Cards have been sent (for the most part). I've gotten presents shipped (once again mostly). Our tree is up, the stockings are up, Bear seems to be getting excited for Christmas, and all of our snow melted. Now, if we can just get some snow this next week, maybe bake some cookies, and get the last of our errands run we'll be in good shape.

Oh, official baby update: Big kid. The doc says that at this point there is no trying for normal birth now. C-section it is. She was going to let me try if this was a little kid, but by our last ultra-sound this last week doc was estimating the baby to be about 8 pounds already with almost 4 weeks to go. No wonder my body hurts from packing it around. So, with my history and the size of the kid she says no go on the normal birth. Such as life. I kinda figured. At this point I'm just ready to meet our little one.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the C-section delivery. At least your doc was honest and said there was no point in having a normal birth....you had a c-section before????

    Good luck with everything!! My daughter's birthday is on the 22nd. My c-section was scheduled for that day in thinking that we would be home for Christmas. She thought otherwise and she spend 10 days in the NICU because she wouldn't eat.

    ReplyDelete