About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Wind

And lots of it.  It can really howl up here.  Actually this whole area can get really windy.  They say it is a spring thing and it goes away.  Only partly true.  Considering we aren't that far from Laramie, WY and that is one windy place.  I've learned though that one can get used to the wind.  We used to live where the wind seldom got below about 10 mph.  Every.  Single.  Day.  It was a rare day indeed when the wind didn't blow.  I would go some place else and wonder why it felt so warm only to realize after awhile that it was because there was no wind.

Today there is no getting warm outside.  The wind is bitter cold today.  Funny how quickly it can change.  Saturday it was beautiful (still a bit windy) and about 60 degrees.  We got some nice work done outside over the weekend.  How wonderful it was to be outside and not have cars and trucks constantly droning by.

We met a couple of our new neighbors.  Both sets seem like nice folks.  The neighborhood doesn't seem to have any kids but that is okay.  We'll just make sure we socialize through the schools with the kids.  We're hoping to have some friends up for dinner here soon.  If I can actually get it together and get some more unpacking done.

We are getting close on the unpacking.  We are finally getting to the stage of putting pictures up in some of the rooms.  We have 2 kitchen boxes left that I hope to get to today.  I'm a little scared to look in the garage.  We have all the boxes that we've had stashed in our attic, garage, and basement for the last several years out there.  I'm a little frightened of what I might find.  Most of it needs to just go away.  Some of it is special stuff to save for my kids I'm sure but most of it needs to go.  I get to do that sorting with the house stuff too.  We are making headway though.  At this rate we'll keep Goodwill in business for awhile.

Oh, and a kid update:  Barrett is 51 pounds and just shy of 46 inches tall.  He is off the growth charts and I'm pretty sure he is growing like crazy still.  I think he's grown a half inch in about 3 weeks.  Mia is right at the 90th percentile on both height and weight.  She's 36 inches tall and about 33 pounds.  And talks up a storm.  Bear is doing a great job teaching her to count forwards and backwards and he's working on her ABCs now too.  She parrots him constantly.  Usually he takes it in stride but sometimes he asks why she is always copying him.  Sorry kiddo.  She's a little sister and she will do that.  We just tell him it is because she loves him so much and wants to be just like him.  True story too.  He is her everything.  She loves her boys to pieces.  She'll snuggle with Buddy on the floor and when you walk up to her she says, "This is my friend, Buddy."  I love the relationship she and that dog have.

I'd better get to un-packing.  We have company coming soon and I'd hate to have to make a bed up on boxes. :)  I promise we won't do that to you family.  You will have comfy beds and a guest room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment