...a day makes. Yesterday was hectic and wore on the nerves. It is always like that with no naps and then Tom was/is gone for a conference. None of us like when he is gone. We haven't had a chance to get into our routine either. Not yet. Ya gotta love moving and the jumble it puts your life into.
I must say I'm impressed by how well the kids do with it. I think they handle it better than us adults. There are always a few extra fights, grumps, mopes, and general unsettledness but that goes with moving. And then the kids always have a few issues that crop up too. More than anything though this move has gone well. All of our stuff is here (more than we could say last time), the kids sleep amazingly well here (as do we), and our mail has even made the transition.
Times like this is when I see that there really is a reason we didn't get all those other places. I knew the reason would become apparent. It never seems like it will when you are in the middle of being distraught because some place you'd gotten your hopes up for didn't happen.
Even my funny dog seems goofy happy about being here. He just came to me a bit ago all wound up about something. I figured he needed out. I went to the door and he looked at me like I was nuts. Then he headed toward my bedroom. He wanted me to come in my bedroom so he could go to bed. Silly dog. He could have gone by himself but no.
He also has his morning walk around the property now. He spends roughly an hour walking and checking out the property. He sniffs all the corners and under the bushes.
Well, since my household is now quiet I think I may sit down and actually plant my seeds and maybe fill out an order or two for a few garden things. Maybe I can sneak out of my room without my dog waking up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment