About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Potty Training update

Last night Mia demanded to not have a diaper when she went to bed.  We took a chance.  No accidents!!  Of course this comes about because I just bought a package of diapers.  That's okay though.  I would rather have diapers here and not need them than need them and not have them. 

Now this doesn't mean that somebody makes it to the bathroom every single time so I do a lot of clean up.  So goes it.  This too shall pass.

Besides that both kids are doing quite well.  They both went to their new dentist yesterday.  They were both really well behaved.  Bear gets to go back for fillings next Friday but Mia got an A+ on her tooth report card.  The best is that they seemed to both enjoy the dentist.  Mia less than Bear but she was okay with it none-the-less.

Now we're busy with getting our house in shape for spring.  The garden is going in nicely.  I've got to get it in gear though.  Also, we're starting to plant grass seed around.  We are tired of looking at dirt.  Plus it isn't very much fun to be outside with the dirt blowing around when the wind blows, which is all the time around here.  I am very glad that someone put in a wind break on our property.  The wind howls but not like it would if we didn't have the wind break.

Let's see... What else is going on?  We have a dinner party tonight that we need to get ready for.  My house is a bit of a wreck right now too.  We have started on a route to getting healthier as well.  Both Tom and I want to loose weight and get into shape.  We realize that with the food we love we will never be tiny skinny people but we can at least be healthier and stick around for awhile.  This means I'm running for the first time since high school when I was on the volleyball team. 

Now if I can just keep up the miles and find a 5K to sign up for.  There is a marathon at the end of the summer but I'm not gutsy enough to try and run a marathon for my first race ever.  That seems like a dumb move.  I'd have plenty of time to train but still...

I suppose I'd better get started cleaning and prepping the food for tonight.  I'm hoping I might even get a run in this morning too.  I might be able to convince Tom to let me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment