Being an adult stinks. All the house, job, daily garbage that you have to deal with as an adult just isn't very much fun. Well, some of it is. But a lot of it comes into our lives and I swear is there just to stress us out.
Wonder what I'm talking about? We just found out our renters are moving. I can't blame them. They found their perfect place with the financial arrangement that works very nicely for them. They gave us more than the 30 days requested too so I really can't fault them at all. They've been great self-reliant renters that have been more house sitters than renters. Thank goodness for them. The part that stinks is that the house hasn't sold yet. That means we are paying two mortgages. That hurts the pocketbook big time.
So at any rate that means that now my week will be figuring out what we are going to do with the place and how we are going to do it. That gets piled onto the other normal day-to-day living stuff that we get to do as adults.
Running kids to school, cooking, cleaning, and figuring out when the kids are going to the doctor to get the school physical that is required. Planning the un-birthday party, figuring out if we are going to another birthday party, when we are going to take treats to school for the un-birthday, and the other many things on our plates.
Like I say, being an adult can stink. But then again it is pretty great to do mostly what you want when you want to. I don't have to do the dishes right now. I can let them pile up. Of course then it is me that gets to deal with the pile later but I really don't have to do it right this moment. I could have candy for dinner if I wanted too. I know though that will make me sick to my stomach. So, I think I'll pass on that one.
All in all though I would much rather be me now than the me of years past. Especially the teen and early twenties. Ugh. My 30s are much better. I know who I am so much more than I ever did. I'm so much more comfortable with that now too. What a difference a few years makes.
Oh, I need to explain the un-birthday. Bear has his birthday in the summer and really wants a birthday party. My problem is that I won't know how to get a hold of the kids in the summer so we are going to do an un-birthday party before school is out. I think we'll just do cake and ice cream and a park with a play ground. No big thing but something for him to get to participate in the birthday party stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment