About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Beautiful Fall day

And yet I can't seem to get myself in gear.  It is one of those days that I just can't seem to wake up.  Yes, I've had coffee, eaten breakfast, and even had ginger and lemon water.  I just don't want to seem to get moving.

I'm sure part of it is that I've let everything go for too long.  I didn't do the few dishes last night so now I have a few from yesterday and today.  The bathrooms need cleaning, the garden needs dealt with, tile needs sealed, we need to vacuum, laundry (like always) needs done, and I still haven't gotten my little office/studio/bedroom to where I want it.  Of course there are always things like dusting and mopping that need done and please don't try to look out my windows. 

Somehow it all just runs away with a person.  You leave things for a day or two thinking you'll get back to something and it seems like it becomes some sort of monster in those couple of days. Growing to ridiculous proportions overnight.  Then along comes a day when you can't seem to light the fire and they seem even bigger.  Dumb.

A problem I have with it all is that I really don't like most house chores.  I think I cleaned a few too many hotel rooms to care for cleaning.  Not that anyone really enjoys cleaning but I think some people like the clean house enough to actually accomplish the cleaning.  I can live with some mess before it drives me crazy enough to clean.  Of course my definition of some mess according to some is a disaster and to others it isn't even a mess yet.  My brother thinks I'm a total slob.  More lazy than anything.  I have my pet projects and cleaning isn't one of them.

So, what else is going on this fine Fall day?  Bear is liking school and seems to be doing well.  We should be coming up on parent/teacher conferences.  Those are always interesting.  I'll find out just how much of a talker he is. :)  I know I was horrible about talking in school.  Poor kid came by it honestly at least.  Otherwise I don't think we'll have too much to worry about.  I hope not anyway.

Mia is an interesting kid.  She seems to just kind of go along in her own little make-believe world.  She loves the story.  Princesses are a fascination right now.  My semi-feminist beliefs make me think I should worry about that but at the same time my own girly side takes over and says let her enjoy dressing like a princess while it is adorable and she doesn't need to be practical.  At least she'll put on her frilliest dress and then go play in the dirt outside.  I can handle a princess that isn't afraid of getting dirty or being a tough girl.  Besides, being a princess she is completely involved in stories.  She can play with a doll house and little people and animals for hours.  Maybe we'll do something like that for Christmas for her.  Bear has never really been interested in stuff like that so we've never gotten around to getting some of that kind of stuff for the kids.

Bear is much more the science kid.  Bugs and animals and their habits seem to hold his interest longer.  Space and rockets are right up there as well.  Dinosaurs are cool but I really can't think of a five-year-old boy that doesn't think that.  I wonder why we don't do any sort of paleontology in middle school or high school science.  Plenty of kids I know would love to check out fossils and dinosaurs instead of dissecting worms or sheep eyes.

So we have our princess girl that loves sparkly stuff and wants to play in the sandbox and have her kitty around at all times, and then we have Bear that is ready to go explore and find bugs and learn as many big words as he can to stump Mom and Dad with.

We are working our way into the Fall season as well.  I'm mostly done canning (thank goodness).  I need to put the garden to bed and do some more winterizing.  We are installing a wood stove mostly as a just-in-case the power goes out source of heat and a way to cook.  My wool/yarn business has picked up and then slowed down as well but seems to remain somewhat steady so that keeps me always busy.  One of these days we'd like to re-paint a bunch of stuff in the house but that is going to have to wait until some of the other more important stuff gets done and paid for.

Well, despite me not wanting to do it I suppose I'd better get this load of laundry folded before the other piles get done washing and drying.  Maybe I'll bribe myself with something?

No comments:

Post a Comment