We went from beautiful Fall days to a cold and dreary day. I know the land needs the water so I won't complain too much. I am not thrilled about driving on the slick, slimy, gumbo mud that makes up our roads. You sure don't take things too fast when the roads are soaked like this.
This weather makes my chickens not very happy too. And of course it soaks their food. That is frustrating since I just put out fresh food for them yesterday. They don't eat fast enough when it is wet to not have it get moldy so usually after a day it gets tossed into the compost so they don't end up eating yucky food.
We now have enough wind to make the rain go sideways. Days like this always make my motivation go. Not sure where it goes but it means I sure don't have it. These days make me want to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate and do nothing else. Sadly I can't do that for long before something else needs done.
I have a little girl requesting that I go play so I'd better do that. It sounds much more fun than the laundry I have been doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment