About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Birthday

I can't believe my youngest turns three today.  Here is a post from not long after she was born: http://mommech.blogspot.com/2011/02/some-pictures-from-last-week-or-so.html


She was so tiny. Especially compared to now.  I keep trying to add a photo of her yesterday and it isn't cooperating with me.  Not sure if it is my computer or Blogger.  Doesn't matter.






Three years sure has flown by.  When we moved she was only a year and a half, still in a crib, still in diapers, and barely talking.  Now she is totally potty trained, been in a big kid bed since right after our move, talks non-stop, and talks about going to school.  She is dying to go to school like her big brother.  Because he is a great teacher she knows her alphabet song, counts to 10, and tries to do everything he does.  I think with just a little time put in she'll be writing before long.  I am not sending her to pre-school until she is four.  Mostly because of two things.  I don't want to pay for it and I don't want to have to drive to a second school just yet.  Plus, she is going to need more shots etc. in order to enroll in school.  I'm not ready to do all that yet.  We still haven't found a family doctor we like. We will but I am not in any big rush to put her in school.  I like our quiet days together.






I just thought about it... I call her Mia because that is what her brother always has called her.  She insists upon being called Amelia.  Not Millie, Mia, or anything else. Oh, I do get away with calling her Whistling Pete when she whistles a lot.  She taught herself to whistle and she walks around whistling tunes all day.  She has a crazy sense of humor too.  She loves a good knock-knock joke and right now is sure into the poop, fart, and toilet jokes.  Not thrilled about that but it will pass.  I hope.


She is very into the pink and princess stuff.  And sparkles.  She loves her sparkles.  Makeup and fingernail paint.  Dresses and purses.  At least despite loving all that she has no qualms about dressing up as pretty as she can and going to visit the chickens or playing in the sandbox.  I'm not sure how I ended up with a girl that is so girly but I did.  I love that she is girly but tough.  She does a great Hulk impression too.






Yep, love my kiddo with her crazy personality.  I am so glad that I get to stay home with the kids now.  I get to see all these little quirks and fun games.









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete