I've been lax about keeping up to date on the kids. Funny how life gets in the way. I am awful about remembering to take pictures too. I get too busy just enjoying the moment to worry about the camera. In fact, I've been trying to remember where on Earth my camera is. I know it is here somewhere.
So about the kids. Mia is now 37 inches tall and about 30 pounds. Bear is right about 4 feet tall and edging toward 60 pounds. I know I will be looking up at him before I know it. I am hoping Mia gives me a few more years of being taller than she is but I know it is likely she will be quite tall as well. That is what happens when everyone in the family, on both sides, is taller than you are. My paternal grandmother is the only person who was around my height in the whole family. I don't think any relations are even close to my height on Tom's side. Not that can make a genetic difference at any rate. I do have a step-grandma that I eventually got taller than, but she doesn't have any influence on the kids either.
Bear is doing really well in school and loving it. He seems to truly enjoy the school atmosphere. Both the learning new things and the social aspect of it. He is now bringing reading homework home in the evenings and is just blowing through it. I've been impressed by the speed that he is picking up how to read. He seemed to take a while to really get interested in it but now that he is look out. I'm enjoying watching him turn into quite the young man. Many mornings now he happily lets the chickens out for me or he'll put them up for the night. He is an incredible help with his little sister too.
Speaking of little sister. She is quite the prankster. The other night she got up for what seemed like the umpteenth time and Tom told her to go back to bed. She said, "But Dad, I have to ask Mom a question." So he let her come in the other room where I was and she grinned at me and said, "Did you know, I don't have a question?" Cracked me up. She knew she was asking me a question by saying "Did you know?" but she really didn't have anything specific to ask me. Stinker. She does that sort of thing quite a bit now. Also, now that she has turned three anytime she would normally say "too" she says "three" thinking that "too" is "two." That has turned into when she says "I love you" it is always with the person's age. So Bear gets a "I love you five," and Tom and I get our ages and we are supposed to respond with "I love you three."
They are funny kids. They play well together. This morning I have no idea how long they had been up before they came and got us at 6:30 a.m. They said they were playing games in Bear's room. Some made-up version of Angry Birds according to Bear.
We all have a lot of fun together. With all the art supplies the kids got for Christmas many afternoons and evenings are spent painting, coloring, and stamping. Or we get out the board games and play after supper. There are things that I really enjoy about Winter. Bear is getting really good at Mancala. I don't hold back playing him and only sometimes beat him by much. Most of the time it is either really close or he wins. He is really good at Set Jr. and Zingo. Mia loves the Zingo game because she and Bear can easily play by themselves without needing Mom and Dad to help out.
I suppose I have put laundry off long enough. It is a grey dreary day here. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow. We just got rain last night with just a skiff of snow. At least it is some moisture. We've been dry since just before Christmas. Oh, I guess we have had one snow storm since then because Bear had the sled out that we bought around Christmas. But that was it. The moisture is welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd forgotten to check in here! I will come by more often as it's great to get kid, family and farm news!
ReplyDeleteI try to keep it updated. For better farm updates my blog over on wordpress is probably better. www.lazymomgardener.wordpress.com
ReplyDelete