I have a love hate relationship with morning. I love the dawn of a new day, the light on the hills, the world waking up. I just hate waking up to take part. I like the being up just not getting up. At least this morning because Tom and to be up and out early the coffee was already on when I got up. I do like those mornings he makes coffee.
My morning chores these days consist of helping Mia on the potty, letting dogs out (the cat usually sneaks in at this point), and letting the chickens out. Once all that is done then I can build coffee, build a fire, and get the kiddos breakfast so we can get Bear to school by 7:50. Luckily these days Bear dresses himself and Miss Mia usually ends up just putting shoes and a coat on with her jammies to take Bear to school. There are always a few days here and there where Bear decides to dawdle and take forever to get dressed but overall mornings aren't particularly stressful until we actually go to walk out the door. Then Mia usually decides at the last minute that she forgot her purse or something and doesn't want to leave. I would do a lot better with it if I were maybe more of a morning person but I am just not. My poor kids. Bear will often tell me I need to drink more coffee because I'm being a grump. From a five-year-old no less. He's right, but it doesn't make it any better.
I keep looking over our property during morning and evening chores and marveling at the fact that we have it. We are losing the property in Montana today. No one would buy it and we just can't pay two mortgages. I hate that and our credit will take a serious hit but now we can focus on building our credit back up. I do miss our little house in Montana. I love that my babies were babies there. They learned to crawl, walk, and talk there. We became a family in that house. I hope someone else gets to enjoy that little house as much as we did. I don't miss it when the wind blows though. We would have the house easily drop 10 degrees as soon as the wind would start. I am loving a well insulated house. So, as much as I miss the house in Montana I am very glad we are where we are. We have a great chunk of property, we don't live in town, Tom has a good job that he loves, and we feel like we are a part of the community. That is worth a lot.
I think since I am mostly ready for my farmer's market on Saturday I will lay seeds out today and see what I have and what I need. Before I know it I'll have starts all over the house. I figure late February or early March I'll start my seeds. If I can find my celery I'll probably start that sooner but I can't seem to keep track of that seed packet. I suppose I'll have to decide how much of a market garden we are going to put in this year. I'm thinking at least herbs will need to go to market. I see very few herbs there. I guess I'll see what I have room for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment