About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween







So we had our first Halloween. Oh my goodness our little town sure knows how to turn out the trick-or-treaters. In two hours we went through 5 big bags of candy. Our street was congested with little goblins, pirates, witches, dragons, and many others. I couldn't believe the turn out. Even Bear went trick-or-treating. A good friend of ours brought her two girls up and we walked up two blocks and came back down the other side of the street. It was plenty for the little ones. Then we sat here and had a blast handing out candy to all the other kids.


I love Halloween! It means I get to dress up. I went as my standard witch. Bear didn't seem bothered by the fact that his mom didn't look normal. Granted I didn't go all out like Tom did. He dressed as Harry Potter. Even went so far as to dye his hair brown. Yes, permenant dye. I was pretty amazed. I have pictures that I am having problems getting off my camera onto Tom's computer. I forget that his computer isn't set up with my camera's software etc. I'll have to get those onto my computer and then his. It's a bit of a fiasco.


But at any rate Bear got wrapped in a fall colored quilt and wore his pumpkin hat while we went out. I decided it wasn't that big of a deal for him to get super dressed up. Once he is starting to get excited about getting dressed up then we'll put more time and effort into a costume. At this point it seems kinda silly. Especially when his Aunt Tracy made him the cutest little pumpkin hat. Bear models the hat well, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment