About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paint

So I've finally gotten the gumption to paint the kitchen. I'm not done but it is coming along nicely. For tonight anyway... Bear isn't very good at letting me get things done during the day. He must be going through another growth spurt. He has not been wanting to nap much here lately. All he wants to do is eat. Mom just can't keep up. I think he's pushing 20 pounds already. I'd say he's at least 15 pounds, but I think it's more. We'll find out soon. Our four month check up is the 14th. Another round of shots and all the weight and height checks.

But I was talking about the new color of my kitchen. (See... He doesn't even let me type about things because I start talking about him.) So we moved in and the house is completely white walls as most of the family has seen. Well I really like blue and yellow together for a kitchen. I found some great bowls and a plate that are a navy blue with bright sunflowers on them. Perfect yellow. So now my kitchen walls are almost a sunflower/daffadil yellow color. My cabinets are still white; as is all the trim. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to paint the dining room and living room so they all tie into each other. We also need to paint the bedrooms, but I can do those "to taste." They aren't nearly as critical to coordinate with the rest of the house. The living room needs to be coordinated with our light/slate blue color along with the yellow from the kitchen and something in the dining room to tie them together. I don't want things to be too neutral, but I don't need to be too dramatic either. You see my dilema now?

Okay I'm starting to get rummy from being up too late. I know there aren't any photos this round, but I'll try to get things going tomorrow on that. I have some more to put on the computer. Including some of the larch along our drive to work. Fall is truly beautiful here.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Kat! I love your kitchen. Dad and son photos are priceless and ones I will always cherish. Thanks for sharing.
    Ginna

    ReplyDelete