About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Amelia Rae


Well, we did it, had our baby girl and managed to get home. I had forgotten the sleep deprivation. Now that we are home it isn't so bad, but hospitals are awful for sleeping. Between lots of people, being checked on every two hours, and a new baby there wasn't much sleeping. Then you have goofy things going on like I did and end up with fire drills and plates being dropped outside the room. Amazing.
So I'm sure that my readers are wondering how the baby is...
She is good. 8 pounds 8 ounces and just under 21 inches long at birth. Dark hair and blue eyes. We'll see how much the hair and eyes change in the next couple months. "Millie" (what Bear has been calling her) is a very mellow kid. Everything seems to be by the book so far with this one. I didn't think Bear was difficult but this baby seems much easier. Maybe it is just because it is number two. I have experience now so everything isn't quite so terrifying and new.
Surgery went well too. I think not being in labor before the surgery made it easier to recover. I still move slowly and can't pick up heavy stuff but I feel pretty decent. Besides the actual incision pain the only thing that is really bothering me is where the i.v. was and the other hand where they tried to do my i.v. at first.

Now we are working on figuring out our new routine. The kids seem to be figuring out the routine pretty well. The adults still have some adjusting to do. Granted we've only had about 2 days to get it figured out. It will get easier. Especially as I heal up and everyone gets used to each other.

I hope this makes some sort of sense as I'm getting used to operating on very little sleep. Which since both kids are asleep I think I will try to get some sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment