About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Quick updates

Today was Tom's first real day back at school so I got both kiddos by myself. An adjustment to say the least. For all parties involved. So far so good though. I even managed to pick up a package at the post office without melt downs on anyone's part (yes, this does include me).

Later this afternoon we get to make a trip to the big city and my doctor to get one last staple out. Somehow the nurse that pulled my umpteen-zillion staples missed one. Oh well. I don't even know how many were in there, but it was a lot. It took me about 10 days to realize that there was still one in there. Goofy.

Bear is doing really well with his little sister. I've even seen some hugs and heard some I love you's. He likes telling people that she is his sister when we go places. We went to a friend's for dinner the other night and Bear was a bit protective of his baby sister. All good things as far as I'm concerned. Bear is pretty funny about things like blankets though. He doesn't like Tom or I to grab a blanket of his and use for his sister, but it is just fine if she uses one that he put on her.

As far as Amelia herself goes... She has her nights and days a little mixed up. She likes sleeping during the day and has several hours in the middle of the night that she likes to be up. Kinda kicks her momma's hind end. Otherwise she is just doing her job of being a newborn; sleeping, eating, pooping (I forgot how much newborns do this), and gaining weight. The other thing we've discovered about this kid is how much of a cuddler she is. As much as Bear liked being by himself, Amelia likes being snuggled up. So long as she is in someone's arms she'll sleep soundly. The moment you lay her down she is working on waking up. I guess I did ask for a more cuddly kid. :)

I'd better get a few things done while the Bear is laying down and before we have to head into town. Before too long I'll pull some more pictures off the camera and get them posted. In all my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment