About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Doctor Appointments

Last Friday we ended up taking Bear to the doctor for a cough that has been going on for about 2 weeks. These usually end up as ear infections and antibiotics. It did this time too, but I think we caught it before it got too bad. Bear never complains about his ears hurting. All I see is the cough and runny nose. It has taken a couple times but I finally have it figured out that it is generally an ear infection.

During this doctor appointment we found out Bear weighs 35 pounds. We got curious when we got home and measured how tall he was. He has grown about 3 inches in 5 months which puts him around 39 inches tall. No wonder I feel like he keeps getting bigger. He really is growing like a weed.

Today was Amelia's first well-baby check. When we were discharged from the hospital they were a little worried about her weight. She had dropped a bit more than they like to see. One comforting thought (as strange as this might be) is that the lactation consultant was pretty sure the hospital's scales are off. They have a company coming in soon to calibrate the scales more often. What it amounts to is that the gal didn't think Amelia had lost too much weight since she didn't show any other signs of issues.

Today we were happy to see that our little one is gaining weight again. No more worries there. All the nurses got too ooh and ahh over the newbie and Bear got to tell everyone that Amelia is his sister. Plus Bear got suckers. He was pretty excited about that. Tom and I were just happy our girl got a clean bill of health. We'll go back in at two months for the first round of shots. What a difference from our experience with Bear. With Bear's jaundice and circumcision and weight loss we spent a lot of time at the doctor office the first couple of weeks.

With that experience we found we did not like the clinic in the big city. We much prefer our little clinic that is within walking distance. Everyone knows us there, we can get in to see a doctor usually within an hour of calling, we don't have to make our appointments until the week we want the apointment, and we have a much more pleasant experience at our little clinic.

Off for bath time, diaper changes, and bed time stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment