Well, as of Monday (if all goes as planned) we should have another kiddo. I'm ready to have baby out, but I am not ready to have a baby household again. I love each new stage that Bear goes through. The older he gets, the more fun he gets. Although I am excited to see each new first thing again. I can't believe it has been almost 3 years since we were at this point with Bear.
I don't know when I'll get back to this blog. It will be interesting to see what kind of a schedule we all come up with. I don't know if Bear will like his routines messed with. Although it doesn't take him long to adjust to a new schedule. He's a pretty flexible kid when it comes right down to it.
One thing I'm finding with this pregnancy is that all the pregnancy trackers and advice really have nothing concerning a baby in the winter. Of course all the advice is directed at preventing SIDS. This is fine and dandy and something that absolutely be prevented, but they recommend no blankets in a baby's crib. Then it becomes a choice. Frozen baby or the possibility of SIDS? I know, not very happy thoughts. I just have a drafty house and live in a northern climate that gets nice and cold. I am not looking forward to the propane bills that are coming up. Such as life.
Maybe I'll get ambitious and write an article for one of the parenting magazines. I can't imagine that I'm the only person looking for how to keep a newborn warm in a drafty old house. For now I'll just worry about getting the baby here. Then I'll worry about all the other stuff that goes with being a parent.
Until next time when I'm updating everyone on the newbie...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with everything!!!! Take care.
ReplyDeleteThe Halo sleep sack seems to be what all the mothers use. One mother wrote: "We dress Elyse in a long sleeve onesie, thin cotton footed pajamas and a thin cotton sleep sack. That way she doesn't get that overheated but layers are nice and warm. We don't control our heat since we live in an old building with radiators, it is usually cool at night though, maybe 68ish degrees? She seems to sleep better in a cooler room. I would not use a hat as a baby can overheat." Choose a warm flannel fitted sheet for your baby's crib (and keep plenty of extras on hand for changes, too). Soft one-piece footed sleepers help your baby stay warm all night by keeping her toasty from head to toe. For an extra layer, put a bodysuit or undershirt underneath the sleeper.
ReplyDeleteA terrific alternative to a blanket is a sack or wearable blanket that zips up the front and can be worn over a sleeper. These are sleeveless, so your baby can still move her arms around while the rest of her body stays covered.
Tip: You can warm a cold bed with a hot water bottle, a heating pad, or a microwaveable bag. Be sure to remove it before putting your child down to sleep.