About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mild venting, even though it is probably all my fault.

Brrrr... Our January/February freeze has hit. It has warmed up to -3 degrees F this morning. My poor heaters are getting a work out. It has finally managed to make it about 65F in the house this morning, but all the heaters are ablazing to get there.

I like this weather, but it does make for some cabin fever. Especially for Bear. Being 2 he doesn't really understand the concept of frigid weather. Miss Amelia of course can't take being out there either so Mom is stuck with them both going bonkers indoors. It would be a lot better if I were better at being a house-wife etc. I've never been a good homemaker though. I'm learning ever so slowly. Of course once I start getting a routine that I can manage it will be time for me to go back to work.

I'm going to take a moment and vent about a little boy... He got up about an hour earlier than normal this morning, which that in of itself is not a big deal. But... because he was up early he is tired early, plus he has cabin fever, plus I've been letting him watch too much t.v. (which makes him turn into a pill), and when we went to watch a movie the stereo won't power up so he was cranky about that. So Bear got put down early for a nap. Then to put the icing on the cake while we were reading a story Bear decided to whack his sister with another book and then throw himself across her face. Argh!! To say the least he was in trouble. She was fine, but story time was ended and the books got taken away. Bear cried lots, Amelia cried enough to say she did, and I just have to chock it up to being tired and having cabin fever. Hopefully he wakes up in a more cooporative mood.

I've been planning to go to the big city and get Bear a haircut, but with this morning's antics I don't know if we'll make it.

Ooops. Miss Amelia is ready for some attention.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, help is on the way!! Weather is looking cooperative so you will have some good helpers in approximately 20-36 hours (depending on when we get out of here tomorrow) :) We can get Bear outside or stay inside with Amelia or you can go to the spa and we will take care of them both.

    ReplyDelete