We are down to crunch time. Still no rental. Yikes! We have a couple of leads but it seems this new town works on a whole other time frame. Slowly. I somehow have gotten used to the semi-big city speed of Missoula. I didn't think that would ever happen. It seems farm country operates at a much slower pace. Something I'll have to get used to again.
In about 10 days I'll be done working. Such a bizarre feeling. It will be very strange to have Tom supporting me and the kids. I have a feeling it may be a year or so before I'm used to that. At least the job is a good one. They've even bumped up the wages before he starts. Can't beat that. They are moving us as well. Thank goodness. If they weren't I'd be way way behind on packing. I'm still not sure that I'm not behind.
I'm not entirely sure what to take with us. The kids and I are leaving first and Tom and Buddy will follow. I'll head down and visit my mom for a few days and then drive and meet the movers. That is if we get a rental in time. It will be fun to visit Grammy in the summer. It has been awhile since we did that and last time we did it was for my dad's memorial, which was as fun as something like that can be, but...
The travel will be an adventure. Especially since it will just be the kids and I on a long road trip. Just under 900 miles all total. That is a lot of miles to be in a car by yourself with a 4 year old and an 18 month old. Guess it will add a few blocks to my character house.
At least my "to-do" list has gotten shorter. Good thing since I'm running out of time. The major things now are to close the bank accounts, turn off utilities, pack the kids and I with as much as we can fit in the car, and get out of here. Not too bad. Meanwhile I have to finish my last 8 working days. EEEEEK! I think my little freak out is done.
Now off to get some laundry and dishes done to put that new water heater to the test. Hmmmm... Maybe I'll drink one more cup of coffee first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment