About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mia words

Figure I'd better get some of these down while I can. 

Mia tells Buddy to "drop it" and "good dog Buddy."  She now says: hat, Gadget (as in Inspector Gadget), ball, puppy, Wylie, Jackson (this generally comes out more as Jackie), mine, no, book, help, eat, food, juice, bubble, water, flower, hi, hello, bye-bye, night-night, good night, good morning, sometimes says I love you (kinda), Tracy, Kate, Barrett, thank-you, please, and cute.  She is learning new words every day.  I'd kind of forgotten what an explosion the vocabulary goes through at this stage.  Although I do seem to think that Bear didn't become quite such a parrot.  He seemed to absorb and not say much and then once he started we haven't been able to stop him.  Mia seems to have hit the ground running on the whole talking thing.  I wonder if it is girl versus boy or older versus younger, or just Bear vs. Mia.  Doesn't really matter I guess.

Bear had a funny one today.  I had a nice gentleman open my garbage can for me this morning.  I was taking two bags of garbage out and he was walking by.  Nice.  I do like small towns for that stuff.  At any rate Bear was asking me why that stranger opened the garbage for me.  I explained he was being nice and was being a gentleman.  Bear looks at me and says, "He was being Barrett James?"  I just had to smile and giggle a little.  Apparently Bear's name is synonymous with being a gentleman.  Not a bad thing by any means, just amusing to hear.

I will get some photos some day but things are crazy with the move going on.  I know I've been promising for quite awhile now.  I'll have to just sit down and do a ton of uploads.  Not sure when that will happen but I need to do it.  At least I've kind of kept up on some Facebook photos.  A few here and there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment