About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Our news of late

More snow despite the fact that it is May.  Goofy weather.  At least it means good news for the drought situation.  Although now that the weather has delayed planting farmers are starting to voice concerns there too.  Mother Nature never does seem to cooperate.

I don't have a lot of what I normally would in the garden either.  Every time I think I'll get going we get hit with another snow storm.  Huh.  Oh well I suppose.  Not much I can do about it.

Today makes for a good day to catch up on things.  Tom and I went to baking last night.  I hadn't baked bread in awhile and we were out so I got busy and made 4 regular loaves and 2 cinnamon loaves.  That should hold us for a week or so.  Maybe.  Tom made snickerdoodles.  Dang it!  Now I eat them.  I'm going to have to make him take them to school so they'll eat them.

Let's see what else have we been up to.  House in Montana is in limbo as you may have read in the last post.  Not a whole lot we can do about it but we are doing what we can.  Besides that Bear is almost done with school. Three weeks left and Tom only has a hair more than two weeks.  Time flies.  Mia is progressing nicely with potty training so long as I remember that she needs reminders to use the toilet.  She gets to playing and doesn't realize she needs to go until it is too late.  Good thing we have plans of changing carpets someday.  I think we'll get a puppy before we do that.  That way we don't panic when the puppy messes up the carpet.

On the new house front things are going well.  Since the weather is providing some moisture we are greening up pretty nicely.  We might even have a yard someday.  We continue to find little projects to take care of on the nice days.  Weed pick up and fence mending is right at the top of the list.

I have started a couple of new ventures.  I'm working on starting my own hand spun yarn business.  I'm building the web page/blog along with a Facebook page and I have a few bits of yarn on consignment at a local store.  At the moment not much is happening but that will come.  I still need to officially register my name and I'm in the process of filling out paperwork and gathering the fees that go with that.  Once that is done I can say I'm officially launched.

My other venture is that I have started to run.  I have never run in my life.  Well, not when I'm not being forced.  I ran for awhile in high school as part of volleyball practice and hated every moment of the running.  I never have cared for it so I've been pleasantly surprised by enjoying it this round.  I had a round of very sore/swollen heels.  Probably due to the horribly cheap shoes I have paired with my high arches.  A pair of gel heel inserts and a switch to my better shoes has enabled me to get out again yesterday.  That was the first time in probably two weeks.  I felt a lot better yesterday.  I also took Bear with me.  He was a good pace setter and made me take it a bit slower than I probably would have gone by myself but still made me run.  We had fun racing, doing zig-zags, and running backwards.  He stuck with me for the whole 1.25 mile distance too.  It was a lot better than the last time we tried to run together.  That time he didn't want to run and decided he wanted to go home about a minute into it.  He probably won't go with me every time but it will be nice if he comes along once in awhile.  The dog on the other hand has decided he isn't going with me anymore.  He quit one day when it was raining and now he'll only go about half-way down the driveway with me before he stops and looks at me like I'm crazy.  I'll call him and he turns around and heads back to the house.  I swear I can see him shake his head and mumble something about the crazy human.  I guess it is time he finally slowed down.  He's only 12.

Now you have it.  All the news that is the news here.

No comments:

Post a Comment