About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back to work...

It is back to work tomorrow for Bear and I. My teeth shouldn't be a problem. I actually hurt a lot less now that they are out. Yay! It is all over with. Of course I have to tell work that I've been on pain killers off and on through-out the weekend. The joys of being in a job where you can get random drug tests. They test for all sorts of things, so even though its perfectly legal for me to take the prescribed medications on the weekend, I can't take them while working (actually I might be able to on some of them) and I have to tell them about them. Its either that or have to try to explain why they didn't know I had opiates in my system if I have to go in for a random. Gotta love it.



So Tom and I have just passed our one year anniversary of quitting smoking. Thank you Bear. It is because of him that we did. We both miss smoking, but we don't miss being smokers. I don't miss the amount of money spent either. That and neither of us want our kids raised around the smoke. I know I never liked the smell of the smoke I grew up around and I don't want Bear to have to deal with that.



We've had quite the last year or so when we stop to think about it. We had Bear, bought a house, and Tom graduated college. All on top of the quitting smoking. Actually we did all of that within about 3-4 months of each other. I'm not quite sure how. I do know that even though we got some pretty wonderful things out of the last year I don't care to repeat it.



I'll leave you with a photo of Bear today. He is growing so fast. He's saying dadada. He has also been saying what kinda passes for a Hi Dad. Its either that or he's saying dog. We are thinking it is more likely dog. He gets such a kick out of dogs and other animals. He thinks the Pomeranians next door are hilarious. Granted they are kinda funny, but he cracks up every time he sees them. He also got a real kick out of meeting the hangar cat, Smokey, last week. Besides that, he's working on pulling himself up onto things. He's finally learning to have some patience when it comes to being on his tummy. He knows how to roll over and he's finally realizing that if he just takes a minute to think about what he needs to do he can get off his tummy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you guys for quitting smoking. And for many other reasons.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete