Boy, I think I hit all the highlights of stuff going on with Bear and then I realize that I miss some... Last weekend I took the Subaru to the mechanic. No big deal yet but it needed cv joints. Typical for a Subaru so we took it in before it got worse. Nice part is the mechanic is 2 blocks from the house so when I drop the car off I just walk home. Also, he seems to be cheaper than just about anywhere else I check. Talk about convienent. Anyway... Not the point. So Bear and I were walking home from the mechanic shop and saw a yard sale setting up about a block down from the house. We (I guess this really means me at this point in his life) decided that after breakfast we would walk over and check it out to see what treasures there might be. We found treasure too! We found a great little rocking horse that makes galloping and whinny noises. It was only $5 so we took it home. The horse needs a small mend on his neck, but heck for $5 dollars the batteries in it are worth almost that much. Besides we tried it out at the yard sale and got a good smile. I think Bear has been on it at least once a day since then.


Bear had chinese food for the first time tonight. Tom made General Tso's chicken and we decided we'd let Bear try. Yep, he liked it. He seemed to like sucking all the flavor off the chicken and then spitting it out. He didn't go for the rice too much though. Bread is more his thing for a starch. He never really has liked rice. He'll eat it, but would rather have something else.
Bear is sooooo close to taking first steps. He is getting better and better at walking with an adult. He was moving at a pretty good clip this evening as we went around the house. He was full of it tonight. The bad part of that is that he kept trying to get Buddy. Wouldn't be too big of a deal normally but Buddy had a vet trip today where they drugged him so they could clip nails. He's still a bit groggy. Poor dog has allergies too. He's lost a bit of hair around his eyes. It is what we took him in for. That will just take some cortizone cream. They were saying something about how long his nails were and Tom asked if they could cut them sometime when they could drug him. (Buddy hates his feet being held onto) They didn't believe him that drugs would be needed and decided they could do it right then and there. They held him down for one foot and decided maybe drugs would be the way to go. Tom told them. Yet another good thing about our small town is that the vet sits right behind the post office so when drugs were necessary it was no big deal for Tom to leave Buddy there for an hour while he went to the grocery store and then came back when Buddy could walk home.
Gotta love our small town where we are about a block to 2 blocks from almost anything we need. Grocery store, hardware store, post office, vet, 2nd hand store, parts store, mechanic, two real estate offices, two banks, restaurants, yoga studio, chiropractor, massage therapist, dr. clinic, dentist, and gas stations. Like I say pretty much anything you could need. Makes it hard to ever figure out why people live in a city. I know there are all sorts of ammenities but it is nice to be a two minute walk to where I need to go. I just don't see that happening in most cities.
You forgot the soda shoppe!
ReplyDeleteI did forget the soda shoppe and the two hair places, law office, two bars, convience store, pizza shop, video store, indoor flea market, and pre-school/daycare.
ReplyDelete