We've been busy this last week or so trying to keep up with everything between work schedules changing (for Tom), the weeds trying to take over the garden, the kid growing like the weeds, and trying to squeeze in time with our friend Trina and her girls. The funny part is that it is mellow right now. We have our weekends wonderfully booked from now until mid-July. Fun things like Tracy and Adam coming to visit, my high school reunion, the rest of Tom's family coming to visit, and then my best friends baby shower. I have a couple of weddings that I won't be making it to. Kinda too bad, but not the end of the world.
Bear's first birthday is coming up too. How lucky is he to get fireworks the weekend of his birthday? I wish I would have had that. Perfect weekend to do BBQ too. As of this last week Bear now weighs about 25 lbs. Uff-da! He gets awfully heavy to pack around. He should be walking here soon. He is scooting along the coffee table a few steps at a time now. Also, if Tom helps him, he'll walk across the back yard. It is pretty amazing how quickly things happen with kids. One minute they aren't doing something and the next you realize you are used to them doing that thing.
Hmmm...I wonder if Tom got everything squared away with the city for our fence. If he did then I can start digging post holes. Maybe by the end of the summer we'll finally have our fence up. At the very least we need to get some insulation for the attic. We've picked up some here and there, but we are not done. So much to do when you own a house. It is pretty cool. I actually really like always having projects around the house. That is part of the reason I've wanted to own a house for quite sometime. That and it is nice to be able to put a hole in the wall if I want to. Or paint, or dig a hole in the ground, or anything else for that matter.
Bear will be up soon so I'd better sign off and see about getting some dishes done so we can have lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment