It is finally raining here. It has threatened on and off for close to two weeks, but has never actually produced any precipitation. It finally is... Maybe we can avoid some fires this summer. Fires might make me money, but they aren't fun to have in your own back yard.
Bear is supposed to be sleeping, but I can hear him in his room growling.:) Poor kid has a cold that he gave to his dad. I've gotten it a tiny bit, but not like the boys. It isn't bad other than the runny nose. He still hasn't figured out how to blow his nose yet either (Bear, not Tom). Bear sure doesn't like his nose wiped. Not that I can really blame him. I get tired of it too. It is just a bummer to have a cold during the summer. Other than that though he's doing well. He's figuring out that it is fun to rough house. He thinks it is fun to get snagged from his path. What wonderful giggles.
As I mentioned in the last entry I have my 10 yr. reunion at the end of the month. I am excited to see my best friend who is finally pregnant after two years of trying. She'll be about 7 months along at that point. I can't wait for that part of the reunion. The rest of it is ho-hum. There are lots of reasons I don't really visit my home town. I go back once in awhile to visit my folks but that's it. Not being part of the dominant religion meant that I wasn't part of the "popular" crowd. Not that it matters at this point in my life. What it does mean though is that there really isn't a reason to go back other than to visit my folks. It isn't even not being part of the "popular" crowd. It is more the narrow minded views of a small town. I don't know how many awful comments I have heard from all sorts of people there. It isn't all that different from where I live now other than I didn't grow up here. :) It will be nice to go back and only have one kid instead of 3-5 like most of my class. I can't even imagine having that many already.
Okay, I seem to be rambling... At the point where it doesn't necessarily make sense anymore. Bear is still squaking. Kate, he'd love it if his partner in crime was around.:) You guys have way too much fun together.
I'd better see if I can get a shower and some picking up done...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment