Well, he did it. I said he won't even taste green beans and then what does the kid do? Every time he goes past the bowl of green beans on the counter he grabs one, tastes it, and then spits it out. The funny part is that he won't stop tasting them now. Goof ball.
Today feels a bit like fall. I'm anxious for fall to be here and yet it doesn't feel like summer ever really got here. The late rains pushed summer into the last couple of weeks. Oh well, I don't mind that we haven't had oppressive heat most of the year. I feel like I shouldn't rush things, but I love fall. I love the slight sense of urgency to stock up that comes with the cooling weather, the smell of the dried grass and rotting leaves, the oranges, yellows, and browns, and all the holidays that come with fall. I don't think there is anything that I dislike about fall, other than it doesn't last long enough.
School starts soon too. That will mean a change in schedules for us. We might even end up with weekends off together like normal people. I don't think we've had that since the first year we were married. Not sure what we'll do. With school it will be super busy though. Tom will be teaching and taking classes. Bear will be in daycare again (here come the runny noses). My schedule shouldn't change. Tom is considering still working on weekends, so we may not get those days off. We shall see.
I should be off to see what I can do about getting green beans blended up and frozen for the little one. Although I will give a quick update there. The last couple of doctor appointments we've heard the little heart beat and this latest one we could hear movement. The ultrasound is scheduled for next month. That is the one we will find out which sex they think the baby will be. Yes, we are finding out. It helps with names and will help to let us know if we need to pick up a couple pink onsies or just sort through Bear's clothes.
Other than that things are pretty normal. You can't really tell I'm pregnant yet. This is good since most of the guys at work don't know yet. They get to be real mother hens and it drives me bonkers. I am certainly feeling more pregnant and I've felt the baby move a bit. That is the one thing I like about being pregnant. Otherwise, someone else could do this part for me. I love the kiddo at the end, but the 9 months prior to that is the pits.
Well, off to make some baby food...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment