Holy cow! Strollers are expensive. No wonder we bought the one we did. Problem is that it is starting to wear out. Imagine that after two years and plenty of off-road trips. I do have some basic requirements of strollers, as does Tom, and there doesn't really seem to be a match that isn't insanely expensive. Those that match for being compact, sturdy, lay flat or sit up, not a jogger, can have a kid bundled for winter, and don't come with umpteen zillion accessories are pretty much the European styles that run upwards of $1000.00. Yes, I got the number of zeros correct. That is insane.
Problem is that Americans seem to like the wide strollers that are made for walking around a mall. The European styles seem to be made to walk all over town, get into small shops, over cobblstones, and keep a kid warm because you are out walking around in the winter. Hmmmm...Sounds like us. I guess it will be keep shopping and see what we can find second hand. I'll make do with a stroller that is trying to wear out long before I spend that kind of money on something that is only used for a couple years. Especially considering I think I was on my 3rd car before I spent that kind of money on my own transportation. Besides I don't want to end up obsessing if something gets spilled on the stroller, or Bear runs it into something. That happens. If we spend tons of money on it I'll never want to use it for fear I'll do damage to it.
Okay, I think I'm done complaining about the insanity. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you find anything used on Seattle craigslist we'd be happy to pick it up for you. Or if you want to come visit for some garage sale/consignment shopping, we might have a bigger used stroller market here.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tracy! I hadn't even thought about that market.
ReplyDelete