About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Simply Musings

Bear working on learning to pedal.

Playing computer games.

The kids and me. They make me happy.

The pictures are of our last week or so. The coat Bear is wearing is one my mom found for Amelia at a consignment shop that is a wool one made in Austria. The price was such that she couldn't turn it down. It is in such good shape. Bear can wear it for now and them Amelia can wear it when she gets big enough.

A few more days and I'm back at work part time. I'm still not sure about it but I'll make the best of it since we can't afford for me not to work. I am hoping by working part time for now I'll still be able to get my garden in. I'm not doing well with seedlings. I have a hard time remembering that they are started and need water. I think I'll be doing a few more purchased plants this year. I do hope it is a better year for tomatoes than last year. We have missed the canned tomatoes this winter. And the tomatoes around our stores right now have insane prices because of some of the weather elsewhere. So we are making do with other things.
I'm discovering I kinda like the planning and organizing of running the house. I was folding diapers yesterday and realized I even enjoy that. Funny since I've always been the kind of girl that wasn't going to do any of this kind of stuff. At least if I was going to do it I wasn't going to like doing it. Life sure can change a person's perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Nice find with the Austrian jacket! Top quality that will last a lifetime. How nice to see the little edelweiss bloom on the zip. Nice boots, Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon closer inspection, the jacket Bear has was made right here in Tirol---just a short drive from us!!! How small is the world, anyway?
    Sweet boy, your omi loves you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to let my mom know on the coat. How cool! You are right about the small world.

    ReplyDelete