That is what I feel like I'm riding. At least that is how fast time is going. I can't believe that in just barely over a week I will be returning to work. It is only part time, but I'm going back. Oh I wish our pocket books could withstand my staying home. It just isn't going to work though. Shoot, the way things may shake out I'll have to go back to full time whether I want to or not.
There are certainly days when both kids are screaming, the dishes are piled high, the laundry is in a heap, and the dog keeps tripping me because he wants fed that I would love to be at work with adults (as adult as my co-workers get anyway). Most days though, I would much prefer to play with my kids in the midst of the heaps, piles, and furry obstacles.
Basically what I'm discovering with the birth of our second child is that I am really enjoying being a stay at home mom for the time being. Someday I will get to do it on a full time basis. I like working with my hands and all, but I see lots of ways to do that without having to answer to a boss. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that one of these days (before I know it I'm sure) my dear husband will be graduated, have a job offer he can't refuse, and I'll get to stay at home and do kooky projects of my own. I think I'm a natural born tinker-er. I love just puttering around doing little projects in the garden, around the house, and in the garage. A homestead someday. In the mean time I will occupy myself with enjoying the time I can with the kids and some random small projects I can do on weekends.
Oh, on the kids... Bear is getting closer and closer to being potty trained. Only one time did he actually need the diaper today in town. The other times he told me in time to get to a bathroom and actually use it. Amelia is growing like a weed. We'll find out this upcoming week just what kind of weed she is. She has a doctor appointment for her first set of shots and a basic checkup. I will guess she has grown a couple of inches in length and is in the neighborhood of 11 pounds.
We met with Amelia's new babysitter today. A fellow grad student of Tom's. She seems like she'll be a good match. Handy too that she'll be right on campus with Tom. I don't like having to have a baby sitter and daycare, but somehow I don't think work will let the kids fix airplanes.
I'd better get at least one thing done while the whole family naps. I can't believe they are all asleep. Every last one. Even the dog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for taking time to keep us all updated! Do you still have the video clip of Barrett meeting Amelia? It disappeared from FB and we really loved it!
ReplyDeleteTake care. We love you!
Ginna & Illona
Wow! I don't know how you do it all. Good luck with returning to work, I am sure that is hard to do.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that Bear is almost potty trained. Yay! Oh happy day!
Take care!