Sunday, March 27, 2011
Spring snow
The boys are out playing in our spring snow storm. Bear saw it was snowing and made sure he got his pants and shoes (sans socks) on so he could go play in the snow. I imagine his daycare has a heck of a time with him when it rains or snows. He loves to play in the rain and snow. It is all I can do to keep him inside on those days. He has even convinced Tom to go out in the snow this morning. The conversation was: Bear: Dad, come play snow. Dad: It is cold out there. Bear: Dad, put coat on. Take slippers off, get shoes on. Put coat on, come play snow. Dad: Can I drink a cup of coffee first? Bear: Yes. I think Tom got a cup of coffee and then Bear was pestering him to go outside again. Amelia is doing well. She is cooing and smiling like crazy. We've gotten a couple of almost giggles from her. I forgot how quickly they grow and change at this point in their life. She is very quickly growing out of clothes. Some of the outfits she is wearing now are in the 6 month size. Amazing. Of course a lot of that has to do with the fact that she is usually in cloth diapers which make her bum much bigger than disposable diapers do. I think we are going to take the kids to an international festival at the university today. They are supposed to have all sorts of food and games from all sorts of countries. I really want to try the African food. I have no idea what to expect or what part of Africa it is from. I think it will be fun. Also, if I can get ahold of the gal I might have found the stroller we want to replace the one we had with Bear. Bear's is holding up okay, but it doesn't steer worth a hoot with his weight. The one I found is one of the insanely priced ones, but the gal is asking next to nothing compared to what they go for. I suppose I should try to get the laundry finished up before we head to town. I didn't do anything yesterday other than lay on the couch and feel terrible. Of course yesterday was beautiful and sunny too. I wanted to be outside working on the garden but couldn't since I kept coughing and ended up with a fever. So frustrating on a beautiful spring day. At least I seem better today so I get to play catch up. Oh well. Maybe I'll even bake some bread so we can have fresh bread and cinnamon rolls this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment