About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A few random thoughts

For never wanting to be a landlord I've somehow ended up with two houses in two states (different than I'm living in to boot).  I so want this headache to just end.  Oh well.  It will end soon enough I hope.  Both houses are going (or already are) on the market.  Hopefully from there it will get better.

My current house is getting better.  Half the house is usable.  Now if I can ever get unpacked enough and things moved around enough to clear the living room and rip out cat pee carpet.  I swear no cats in the house.  Yuck!!  Not many smells that can beat that stench.

So besides housing issues Nebraska is treating us well.  It is a little tough going over a  month without any sort of income.  Well, that hopefully won't be perfectly true.  I'm hoping to take a bunch of this stuff that we don't use and hold a yard sale.  That will bring in some money.  I'm kind of making a game out of what I can cook and buy for a very small amount of money.  It has been awhile and I know it won't last forever. 

Bear and Mia are being great about the move.  Bear is excited to be starting preschool and Mia is cutting more teeth.  Poor girl has been hungry but doesn't want to eat.  Frustrating for both of us.  Next week and the start of school can't come soon enough.  Every day I get asked if Bear can go to school yet and why it is taking so long to get here. 

Let's see.  We are somewhat moved in.  Not much is very organized.  I miss my garden like crazy but I love having a basement.  And I love my really big walk-in closet and my own office/sewing room that is the size of a lot of bedrooms.  The main thing I'm not loving is the noise and smell of cat pee.  Such as life.  We can put up with a lot for a year. 

One of these days I'll locate the camera, get some pictures, actually upload them, and finally get some on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment