Let's see... Offers have been agreed upon for my headache house. Now we just need to get all the legalities ironed out and paperwork signed and money exchanged. I'm happy about the fact it is a cash deal. I wish we could have gotten a bit more out of the place but it sold "as is." The fact we didn't have to dump a ton of money into it right now when things are tight is a very good thing.
I guess we have a couple of other things to do in the house department. One, figure something out a bit more long term with our Montana house. We might have to refinance to make things work. That wouldn't really be a bad thing with the drop in interest rates since we bought the house. Just a pain in the rear to do. Especially long distance appraisals etc. The other thing is we need to decide what we are doing here in Nebraska as far as housing.
Our rental is pretty crappy. It is nice and big and there are some great parts about it but overall it is not a great place. Certainly not something we want to buy. We have looked at some properties around the area. If nothing else to get a feel for the area. Tom wouldn't mind being in town but I'm very much done with living in town. I like a lot of the houses in town, but I don't like the traffic, noise, closeclose neighbors, or the restrictions on what you can or can't do. I guess I will always be a country girl.
We are looking at a 10 acre chunk with a house and some outbuildings. The house is pretty sad but the outbuildings are in decent shape. My main worry is whether or not it is flood plane for insurance. The water is good for the pasture as they still have good grass (granted no animals are on it) despite the drought. We are going to go take a look at the inside of the house today. It looks okay from peeking in windows which all need replaced. At least if this other sale goes as planned we should have enough to replace windows. Maybe we'll actually get some energy efficient windows we won't have to cover with plastic every winter. ;)
So, onto kiddo updates. I know it has been awhile. Bear loves school. Mornings are bit rough since he is in the afternoon preschool session. All he wants is for it to be time for school. That can kinda drive me bonkers. I'm glad he likes school but the 500 times I get asked if it is time to go to school yet kind of wears on a person.
Amelia has decided she needs to be like big brother and have her backpack on. Only she doesn't go to school or want to wear clothes so she runs around here in a diaper and her little purple and pink Dora backpack. She even fell asleep with it on last night. She was pretty funny. Mia gains new words everyday. She is a talker. She is also a little parrot right now. Everything she sees us doing she does. If we lean on a cabinet; she leans on a cabinet. That kind of thing.
I can tell we have goatheads and she has stepped on a few. Now when we go outside and she sees the puncture vine that Tom burned she says, "goathead!" The funniest is the face she makes and how she says it. It is with such disgust and such an awful face you can tell she does not like the things. Not that I blame her. It is all I can do to keep from cussing at the goatheads.
Alright, I think I've rambled long enough to get Bear to sleep. I suppose while he's getting a short nap I should make sure we are ready to walk out the door for school. I also have lots of other things I could be doing but I have had no motivation this week. Oh well. That happens when the weather gets so stinking hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment