About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snippets

*I hate goatheads!  I know, strong words.  But the little buggers hurt. Like crazy.  There is some control you can do but not much.  I have to give it to a plant like that.  So strong, resilient, and stubborn.  I just wish they didn't puncture my dog's feet, my feet, my kids' feet, hurt livestocks' mouths, and so on.

*We get to drive down to Colorado to pick up the rest of our stuff that got shipped from California.  We'll go in the morning and hopefully be back in the afternoon.  Can't wait to see what kind of fun things besides a giant t.v. we got.

*Bear starts school tomorrow.  I don't think I'm ready for the chaos of school.  I know he is very ready to go and make friends though.  He is such a little social butterfly that he needs friends besides Momma.

*The kids had their first real babysitter experience last night.  A girl of 15 who seemed older in a nice mature way and didn't say "like" every other word.  There might be some hope for society after all.

* I'm not sure if I'm happy or frustrated with a lot of things right now.  I miss my garden terribly, but I love being at home with the kids.  I want to settle into living here, but I know it could be fairly temporary.  At the same time things may work out okay and we'll be here longer than we think.  Ya never know what will happen with you are renting a house.

*The welcome wagon lady is supposed to stop by soon.  I'm excited to see what is in the basket.  I love welcome baskets.  We got a great one when we lived in Belt, MT.  All the local churches got together and put some nice homemade pot holders, dish towels, and some hot chocolate mix in there.  I think there were even two cups for the chocolate.  Then because it was the church ladies there were pamphlets from all the churches in town. 

*I went to let the dog out last night and almost stepped on a toad.  A cute little bugger about 4 inches long and 2-3 inches wide.  From a little research he was probably a Woodenhouse Toad.  I got some pictures that I promise I will post along with some waaaaay over due photos. 

*In fact I am going to try to find my card reader today and do that.  It is one of the many things I haven't unpacked yet.

* I see the time and I'd better get ready for the Welcome Wagon.  Apparently she is very punctual.

No comments:

Post a Comment