About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday already

Who would have thought that being at home would make time fly?  I thought the work week went by quickly.  This is insane.  Just when I think I'll get caught up I realize a whole other week is gone.  Such as life.

We've had a busy weekend.  We made a flying trip to Colorado to pick up stuff that was shipped in from CA.  Thank you Tylee clan.  Our house is starting to look like our house.  We did that trip yesterday so we spent yesterday afternoon setting up a big kid bed for Mia and the big screen t.v.  Since we already had a truck rented to haul stuff yesterday we went and picked up an upright piano today.  Those things are not fun to move with just two people.  Ugh!

At least everyone is happy to have a piano in the house again.  I think we are all hooked on it.I love when people sit around in the evening and chat and sing and the kids dance while someone plays the piano.  It seems a little silly, but it kinda makes me feel like we stepped back in time.

Let's see... I think I have a place scoped out to plant some peas this fall.  I also scored some great flower seeds for nothing.  In fact I might have to see if they still have some today.  There were some really great flowers, herbs, and vegetables in the pile.  I couldn't believe it. 

I need to get the chicken coop cleaned up.  I'm hoping to get that cleaned and repaired so I might be able to get some chickens before winter.  I also need to spray the stinking puncture vine.  I hate that weed with a passion.  The goatheads it produces as a seed pod are sooooo painful when they puncture the bottom of your bare foot.  Talk about make a girl cuss and dance around.

I suppose I should go do some of my chores instead of talking about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment