My wonderful little family struck a pose as we were looking at the 10 acre chunk of property. Mia was copying the way Tom stood so I had Bear join them and got a picture.
This is the view from behind the barn at the property we want. See, NE isn't nearly as flat as some folks have claimed. I love that it is open farmland.
The chicken coop on the property that we want. It just needs some junk moved out, a good cleaning, it might need a window, and a coat of paint. Then it just needs chickens installed. It is a very solid building. Actually they all are. That was one of the things that impressed me about the place. So, tomorrow we go see about financing and hopefully make an offer on the property. Oh how I would love to move out of this rental! I really don't want to pack and unpack again but to be out of this place would be wonderful. Moving schools won't be fun for Bear but I think we can work our move to be over Christmas break so it would be a more natural split. I hate to do that to him, but kids are pretty resilient about that stuff. Not that it is any more fun, just that they seem to adapt quickly.
The house is smaller by almost 1000 sq. feet than the one we are in. Oddly enough I'm okay with that. Apparently I like being crammed into a small farm house. It is one of the things I haven't liked about the rental. Too big, too easy to accumulate stuff. In moving again I will be getting rid of more stuff. Amazingly you don't get rid of much when someone else is moving you. So once again I'm working on a yard sale pile. At least we are on a good busy corner for a yard sale. One of the things we don't like about our rental. Two busy highways and a canal. The property we are looking at is at the end of the road. The only thing past it is a pasture, corn field, and the river after that.
I really will work on getting some more pictures on here. I think I actually know where my card reader is now. I had to pull this photos from me e-mail that I had used from Tom's computer. Oh the joys of moving. Nothing is where it is supposed to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment