About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good morning

We got snow yesterday!  So much prettier and more festive with a few inches of snow on the ground.  I also broke down and got a Christmas tree yesterday.  We haven't had one because we've been planning on moving and didn't want to try to move a tree.  This is a little potted tree that is all of maybe 12 inches tall.  Bear has colored some ornaments and we have it decorated.  It is too little for lights but it has sparkles that catch the light.

All in all it is feeling more Christmas-like around here.  We had been so focused on finding a house to buy we'd been ignoring the season a bit.  Well, that and the fact the boys have been sick.  I decided we needed to change that.  I'm finally getting excited for the season.  I can't wait to see the kids open presents Christmas morning.  Mia is at an age she is starting to understand what Christmas is all about and Bear certainly is.  They are both excited about Santa. :)  I've been talking to Santa and I can't wait until the kids see the decorations he did for their stockings.

Since the wind is blowing the new snow around I'm glad we don't need to go anywhere today.  Well, there might be a doctor trip but otherwise we can hole up and enjoy each other's company.  We can make the final preparations for Christmas and get a little laundry and baking done.  I suppose I should at least throw my load of laundry in.  I'm hoping that Bear can make it to his last day of school today.  Poor kid has missed 3 days already.

No comments:

Post a Comment