About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 coming to an end

I can't believe it.  I started the year working at my old job and I'm ending the year in my new job as a stay-at-home mom.  Things sure can change.  Thank goodness! 

We had a big year.  In January we went to CA to visit Tom's grandpa.  Then not long later we went back for his funeral.  So glad we made the trip in January so the kids could meet their great-grandpa. Then we spent the spring and late winter having Tom in school and finishing is last semester of his graduate work.  He graduated in May with his Masters in Applied Linguistics.  He then spent the summer session working at a language institute while applying for jobs across the country.  In late May/early June he went to Nebraska for an interview.  June 3rd my company had another plane go down.  About mid-June Tom accepted the job in Nebraska.  So, by August we had traded places and Tom became the bread winner and we were living in a new state.

In the midst of moving and adjusting to our new life I finally got rid of a house in Oregon that I had inherited.  That was a headache and a half but it is done and out of our hair.  We hope someday our Montana house will sell but we have renters/housesitters there now so we aren't quite as desperate to sell as we might be.

At the end of August Bear started school.  Pre-school but school none the less.  He has been thrilled with being in school and making friends.  Mia is adjusting to being at home with me.  She would still love to be going to school but it sure cuts costs to have her home.

Mostly our year has been one of change.  Changing jobs, changing states, changing school status, and hopefully soon changing houses again.  We've been house hunting.  It hasn't gone well.  So be it.  Overall though we've had a good year.  Our family is together more than ever which has been very nice.  I'm getting to see my kids more than ever before which I'm loving.

We got to visit with family lots this year despite moving further away from everyone.  I got to surprise Tom for his graduation with a visit from most of our family.  Despite it being for a funeral the trip to San Diego and getting to meet lots of family was a good trip.  The kids and I stopped at my mom's house for about a week in between Montana and Nebraska.  My mom visited us in October here in Nebraska.  And now we are supposed to be getting more visitors soon! 

And a highlight of the year:  My sister-in-law had babies!!  Twin boys.  We can't wait to meet them but with the distance between us all it will be a bit before we get over there.  Maybe during spring break?  We shall see how finances, housing situations, and school schedules work out for that.

All-in-all it has been a good year that we are all thankful for.  Let's hope next year is a good one too.  We are hoping for a house to buy (my little farm) and some travel during the summer vacation.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment