About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Knitting

Just a small short rant tonight.  I just figured out why when you are knitting "in the round" on circular needles and you are making your join all the instructions say "don't twist."  I got about an inch knitted and realized things weren't looking right.  Argh!  So it is ripped out and I'll need to start over.  I'm hoping it will be a hat for Bear out of yarn I spun that he picked out the color.  I actually bought the wool for him to spin and he's done some but then he wanted a hat.  So I spun it up and now I'm attempting a hat.

At least this knitting gives me something to do while I sit with sick kiddos and husband.  I think Mia is coming down with it now.  Poor kiddos.  I think Tom and Bear are on the down hill slide.  I sure hope so any way.  Tom is so tired of being sick.  I'm sure Bear is too.  He so wanted to go play in the snow today.  It was the first time he'd really made a stink about being sick.  He is the nicest, most polite sick kid ever.  Everything is "yes please" or "no thank you" when he is sick.  Or when I ask how he's doing it is, "Not well."  Today with the snow it was just tears because he wanted to go play in it.  I just didn't dare let him do it with his fever.

I'm hoping they'll all get better soon, that I'll avoid this thing, and hopefully Bear will get a hat out of the whole thing.  For now it is off to bed to keep up on my rest and I'll start on the hat again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment